The regional, club and provincial BCWBS programs for April 2020 have been cancelled and postponed. This includes the WBC Junior West Championship, originally planned for Kamloops, April 24-25. We will work to keep everyone informed with any additional changes to our regularly scheduled programs moving forward.
The health and welfare of our staff and community is of upmost importance at this time, therefore the BC Wheelchair Basketball staff will continue to work from home, as mandated by the Provincial and Federal Governments. Please check our Contact page for everyone's personal email so that you can keep email us directly.
Keep up the Physical Distancing:
- All Canadians should stay at home, work from home, and exercise at home to the extent this is possible.
- Maintain a distance of 2 metres from other people.
- Best practice is to expel respiratory droplets into disposable tissue, dispose of it safely, then immediately wash or sanitize hands.
- Expelling respiratory droplets onto a flexed elbow is better than no protection or an unprotected hand but it is non-optimal, as virus then remains on either the clothing or skin of the elbow depending on attire, either of which then need to be washed.
- For protection of others and that of yourself, assume you are infected and behave accordingly.
Read the Viasport BC Updated COVID-19 Guidelines and Statement for Sport Organizations. Click here.
Reminders from the Government of Canada:
- All Canadians are being urged to stay at home where at all possible.
- All non-essential travel outside Canada is to be avoided, the US border is closed to non-essential traffic. All Canadians currently abroad are urged to return to Canada ASAP.
- All travellers returning from any destination outside of Canada are required to self-isolate for 14 days from the date of return (see the infographic below for specific information on what is involved in self-isolation).
We look forward to seeing you all on a court soon. Stay Healthy.