BC Wheelchair Basketball is currently active between Phase 2 and 3 of our plan, and we will continue to follow the most recent directive of the BC Health Ministry.
We will continue to slowly move forward and follow our plan, as we monitor the re-opening process of other sports, including other basketball organizations. We will adjust and update our plans and protocols if required. We encourage all of our clubs, members, regions and communities to do so as well.
Recently, the most BC Provincial Health Orders outlined some details that pertain to our clubs and regions:
Definition of Adult/Junior athletes
• Adult is 22 and over
•Junior is 21 and under
Adult team sport indoors:
• 2 people can be in the gym practicing
• Maintain 3m apart
• Clarification: coach plus athlete NOT coach + 2 athletes
Junior team sport, indoors:
• 3m apart applies
• 6 people are still allowed on a court (up to 5 athletes + coach, or 6 athletes + no coach)
• Passing of ball is okay
• high performance athletes for both adults and juniors (can travel and compete, along with a designated coach)
• These athletes MUST be Identified by CSI
Mixed aged group
• Restrictions still in place, unless all are members of a Family Cohort.
• Family cohort is allowed (exempt from 3m apart)
Please see details as discussed during the BCWBS Town Hall meeting, August 25th, 2020
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to email Orion.
Please note, that BC Public Health Orders supersede any BC Wheelchair Basketball Society Return to Sport policies.
We understand that this is frustrating for all of our members, regions and clubs and we are doing our best to work within the Public Health guidelines.
Thank you for your patience and we hope everyone stays healthy and safe in their own communities.