Sport Wheelchairs & Equipment
In order for an individual to experience success in wheelchair basketball, it is important that they use a lightweight court sport wheelchair.
Sport wheelchairs differ from wheelchairs for everyday use in a variety of ways including...
1) They have a lightweight frame
2) The front and back castors are rollerblade wheels
3) There are no push handles on the back of the chair
4) The rear wheels have camber of 15-20 degrees (they are tilted in at an angle for stability when making quick turns)
5) There are no electronic components (compared to a power chair)