Awards & Grants
BCWBS Grant Program
BC Wheelchair Basketball annually offers a grant program. To be eligible, applications must be submitted by a recognized BCWBS club/team who members are current members of BCWBS. Applications from individuals will not be accepted, unless it is focused on the development of a new program.
For an additional list of grants visit www.bcwheelchairsports.com and select the "Awards, Bursaries, & Funding Section".
Annual Award Nominations
In an effort to recognize outstanding contributions and achievements in the sport of wheelchair basketball in British Columbia, the following awards are distributed annually by the BC Wheelchair Basketball Society.
- Athlete of the Year (male and female categories)
- Junior Athlete of the Year
- Coach of the Year
- Volunteer of the Year
- Official of the Year
- Outstanding Community Support Award
When nominating an individual/group please consider the following:
- The nominee must be a member in good standing with BCWBS (community support award not included).
- A brief summary of the nominee's achievements in the year for which they are nominated must be submitted to BCWBS.
Please contact the BCWBS office for nomination deadlines.